Design and implementation of an internal strategic framework based on ‘Balanced scorecard framework’ for an IT firm in KSA
Client / Industry Brief
- The Client is an IT Firm in KSA, which is involved in development and deployment of ERP solutions in education and healthcare sectors.
- IT has about 220 employees and offices in two different countries (KSA & Jordan)
- The company is a market leader in terms of market share in both the sectors and has a high growth potential in the next 3-5 years
- Design of Balance Scorecard*:
- Identify key challenges faced in various business processes and function and design an effective balanced strategy
- Implementation of 22 strategic initiatives identified as a part of design phase, which includes initiatives linked to customers, revenue and profitability, resources and internal processes*
- Training of internal staff on strategy linked objectives and new processes designed during the implementation phase.
- Strategy framework developed for the firm by identification of 41 key initiatives (detailed during the design phase)
- 22 prioritized initiatives implemented in 10 months; wherein the project team concluded three surveys, re-engineered 7 processes, designed tools and templates for various functions, standardized three core functions and developed a plan to setup a strategic R&D unit within the firm
- Training was provided to the nominated strategy management officer on ‘Balance Scorecard’ and prioritized strategic initiatives. Other staff members were trained on newly designed processes.